The first few years of a child’s development are very precious. It is often the first time children are left in an unfamiliar environment. It is the first opportunity they have to begin to make their own way in life.
It is also a vital part of their development at a time when they are like sponges, eager to absorb any new information. At number 1 childcare we not only consider your child’s development but also understand the importance of you, the parent, and the link between your home and daycare life.
- We believe that care and education are integral.
- We believe that children are best supported when the parents and staff work together.
- Our curriculum is play-based, because we believe that children learn best through supported play experiences.
- We believe that children need to be respected in order to respect.
- We believe our learning environment must be planned to ensure that children are provided with rich and stimulating experiences to build on, what they already know and can do.
- We will support the children to use the resources and the environment in a way that will develop their independence and problem solving skills.
- We will help the children to develop positive relationships with other children and adults in order to foster the children’s positive sense of self and self-esteem. We will ensure that the experiences, family background, interests, abilities and cultural heritage will be positively celebrated and reflected across the service.
- We believe that it is very important to provide staff with training and development opportunities. So that they, in turn, can provide the children with affective learning and teaching.
- We work hard to be part of the local community, accessing local resources, so that the children have a sense of connection and belonging.
- We endeavour to network with other professionals for the benefit of the service.
At the nursery, every child is respected as an individual, different from adults and different from one another. The ability to learn is an acquired skill which should be taught when children are young in order to help them become thinking, intelligent adults.
Our approach is to promote all-round development, intellectual, physical, emotional and social, in a safe and nurturing environment filled with exciting activities and friendly staff.
We believe in the importance of outdoor activities, and the freedom to exercise in a totally safe environment.
We are also keen to take opportunities for outings and have outings to the park, library and garden centres which are planned frequently.
Book your appointment
If you want to know more about us and our work you can book an appointment
We will provide you with a safe, caring, relaxed and stimulating environment where you can feel confident that your child is receiving the very best of care and education.